Andrew Richard Berardi, Jr.
Temporary: 12312 Langley Hill Drive Keller, TX 76244 (404) 626-9026 firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a position in the arts/education field that will enable me to utilize my strong leadership, organization, and management skills.
Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, GA 2004-2008
B.A. Theatre and Performance Studies (Cum Laude)
Adult, Child, and Infant CPR and AED Certified
Valid Class C driver's license
· Proficient in MS Office Suite
· Consistently able to build rapport with all levels of executive professionals and staff, articulate before business groups and colleagues.
· Confident in the operation of Apple computer programs
· Working knowledge of current html codes and procedures
· Safari, Internet Explorer, and Firefox
· American Sign Language (Entry level)
· Social Networking Media
Education Director, Towne Lake Arts Center, Woodstock, GA 2008- 2009
· Managed and facilitated all drama, dance, and music classes and camps throughout the year.
· Handled hiring of all new teachers for camps and classes.
· Planned, organized, and supervised youth activities.
· Taught beginner, intermediate, and advanced drama camps and classes to grades K-12.
· Taught performing arts classes and workshops that included children with special needs.
· Instructed workshops on audition preparation, theatre performance, improvisation, technical theatre, theatre for youth, characterization, and storytelling.
· Directed youth and adult actors in various children’s theatre productions. Duties included, but were not limited to, scheduling audition times with local actors, preparing sides and scripts for auditions and readings, and filing actor headshots and resumes for future casting consideration.
· Other responsibilities included: arts administration, choreography, and script writing.
Student Admin Assistant, Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, GA August – December 2008
· Organized and distributed all weekly Theatre and Performance Studies department notices.
· Provided office support to Theatre and Performance Studies students, faculty, and staff by implementing personal knowledge of communication mediums (i.e.: telecommunication, ecommerce, print).
· Routed calls promptly to the proper staff person or voicemail using a multi-line telephone.
· Correctly and politely took messages, when necessary.
· Performed general clerical duties including, but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
· Created and modified documents using Microsoft Office.
· Researched, priced, and purchased office furniture and supplies.
· Provided transcription services to faculty and staff.
Assistant Box Office Manager, Towne Lake Arts Center, Woodstock GA 2003-2009
· Assisted Box Office Manager with daily box office duties, including, but not limited to, assisting in the regulation of the accounting and fiscal control of all monies, tickets and other valuables in the box office.
· Maintained multiple ticket databases simultaneously, including the preparation and management of will call ticket sales.
· Provided customer service to theater patrons by implementing personal knowledge of communication mediums (i.e.: telecommunication, ecommerce, print).
· Assisted, as needed, in House Manager duties for performances.
· Promoted TLAC programs and classes through the use of publications, newsletters, and flyers.
· Created Facebook profile and advertised relevant production information using social networking.
Library Assistant, Woodstock Public Library, Woodstock, GA 2002-2003
· Supported full-time library staff with daily library operations.
· Greeted visitors and handled book check-in and check-out procedures.
· Processed cash transactions and late fees.
· Cataloged and shelved books.
NEA The Big Read Event Coordinator, Mark Twain Day, Canton, GA and Woodstock, GA
· Recruited, managed, and supervised large groups of youth and adult community volunteers.
· Collaborated with local business owners to organize themed games and activities for children and families.
· Created rules and regulations for Tom and Huck’s Raft Building Contest.
Co-Leader of T.L.A.C.I.T- Towne Lake Arts Center’s Improvisation Troupe
· Traveled to area schools performing children’s stories.
· Collaborated with teachers to encourage students to write stories for performance.
· Adapted popular children’s literature into scripts for performance.